What is Phenergan?
Phenergan Tablets contain a medicine called promethazine hydrochloride. This belongs to a group of medicines called phenothiazines. It works by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. It also works directly on the brain to help you feel more relaxed.
What Phenergan Tablets are used for?
Phenergan Tablets are used to treat the following conditions:
- For short term use: to treat adults with difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- To treat allergic conditions such as hay fever or rashes (like nettle rash or hives)
- To treat or stop you feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting) such as travel sickness
- For short term use: as a sedative for children aged 5 years and above
Do not take this medicine if:
- The person taking the medicine is under 5 years of age
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to promethazine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Phenergan Tablets
- The signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
- You are taking a medicine for depression called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Also do not take Phenergan Tablets if you have stopped taking one of these MAOI medicines within the last 14 days. If you are not sure ask your doctor or pharmacist (see “Taking other medicines” section below)
- The person is unconscious (in a coma) or suffers from severe dizziness, drowsiness or headache
Do not take this medicine if any of the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan Tablets.
How do I buy Phenergan online?
You can safely buy Phenergan online at My Net Doctor. You need to go through an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied, this is subject to approval. The online consultation will ensure that it is the right medication for your medical condition.